CFAWL is committed to the objectives and goals of FAWL
Actively promote gender equality and leadership roles in the legal profession and judiciary by:
- Supporting women lawyers in achieving leadership positions within the law in law firms and in local bar organizations, the Florida Bar, and the American Bar Association.
- Creating and offering mentoring relationships.
- Encouraging members to apply or seek election for judicial positions.
- Encouraging member involvement on boards of government, non-profit, and for-profit organizations.
Uphold the highest standards of integrity, honor, and courtesy in the legal profession by:
- Recognizing law firms and judges who are strong advocates for women in the legal profession.
- Encouraging CFAWL members to join bar leadership, such as The Florida Bar Board of Governors, sections, and committees.
Promote reform in law by:
- Identifying and maintaining peer groups of female and male lawyers who can effectively advance CFAWL and FAWL objectives.
- Educating the legal community on issues such as implicit bias.
- Encouraging growth by facilitating participation in both CFAWL and in FAWL activities.
- Sharing with CFAWL membership FAWL’s non-partisan bylaws and legislative positions.
- Creating advocacy programs on both the state and local level for women’s rights, such as equal pay, domestic violence, and sex trafficking.
Facilitating the administration of justice by:
- Actively seeking education and initiatives by The Florida Bar aimed at promoting gender equality within the legal profession.
- Educating members regarding the inequalities women continue to face in the profession.
Actively promote gender equality and leadership roles in the community at large by:
- Recognizing members who are strong advocates for women in our community.
- Assisting legal aid organizations by encouraging pro bono volunteering and by supporting legal aid organizations.
- Supporting efforts of FAWL to assist in drafting proposed legislation and lobbying for equal justice under the law.