FAWL Lobby Days
March 10 - March 12
Please mark your calendars for March 10-12, 2019, to attend FAWL’s Lobby Days! CFAWL board member Lauren Millcarek is serving as Lobby Days Chair, and CFAWL member Traci Deen is serving on FAWL’s board as Legislative Director, so we’d love to have a big CFAWL contingent representing our chapter on the state level at Lobby Days!
For those who have not attended, we will travel to Tallahassee and receive substantive training on how to advocate for causes from professional lobbyists. Then, we will be briefed on the non-partisan legislation that FAWL has chosen to support for the year – focusing on FAWL’s mission to advance women attorneys and support the women and children of Florida. Next, we will actually meet with Florida state Senators and Representatives to urge them to support the legislation we’re backing. The trip will also include a tour of the Florida Supreme Court, attendance at a session to watch the legislators debate, and a special legislative reception where you’ll get to meet and talk with our legislators in a relaxed environment.
Last year, we supported a bill that reimburses costs for attorneys who volunteer to serve as Guardians ad Litem, allowing many more children in Florida to receive this invaluable service. The bill passed, and FAWL even got a shout-out from the floor of the Senate. It’s exciting and inspiring to be a part of democracy in action!
Here are some new updates from FAWL about the agenda:
Sunday, March 10
- 5:30 – 7:00 – Welcome Reception
- 7:30 – ? – Dutch Treat Dinner
Monday, March 11
- 8:30 – Noon – CLE Sessions
- Noon – 1:30 – CLE Luncheon
- 2:00 – 5:00 – Visits with Legislators
- 2:00 – 5:00 – Special Event (TBA)
- 5:30 – 7:30 – Legislative Reception
Tuesday, March 12
- 8:00 – 11:30 – Visits with Legislators
- 11:30 – 1:00 – Joint Luncheon with the Tallahassee Chapter
- 1:30 – 5:00 – Visits with Legislators
- 1:30 – 5:00 – FAWL Board of Directors Meeting
Please see https://www.fawl.org/2019-lobby-days for more information and updates.
Full Conference – Early Bird (Until Feb. 15)
- Member $100
- Young Lawyer/Law Student $50
- Non-Member $150
Full Conference – Regular (After Feb. 15)
- Member $150
- Young Lawyer/Law Student $100
- Non-Member $200
Tuesday Joint Luncheon Only
DoubleTree by Hilton Tallahassee
- Group Rate $219+ per night Hotel Reservations
- Group Rate Cutoff Date is Feb. 9 or until the group block is sold out, whichever comes first
If your business would like to support FAWL Lobby Days 2019, please click HERE for sponsorship opportunities.